Millenium Index du Forum

Saving Alex When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Millenium Index du Forum -> Index -> Annonce
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
talysant
Nouveau venu

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 12:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: Saving Alex When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Répondre en citant

Saving Alex: When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That's When My Nightmare Began
by Alex Cooper

>>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Saving Alex: When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That's When My Nightmare Began

When Alex Cooper was fifteen years old, life was pretty ordinary in her sleepy suburban town and nice Mormon family. At church and at home, Alex was taught that God had a plan for everyone. But something was gnawing at her that made her feel different. These feelings exploded when she met Yvette, a girl who made Alex feel alive in a new way, and with whom Alex would quickly fall in love.

Alex knew she was holding a secret that could shatter her family, her church community, and her life. Yet when this secret couldn’t be hidden any longer, she told her parents that she was gay, and the nightmare began. She was driven from her home in Southern California to Utah, where, against her will, her parents handed her over to fellow Mormons who promised to save Alex from her homosexuality.

For eight harrowing months, Alex was held captive in an unlicensed “residential treatment program” modeled on the many “therapeutic” boot camps scattered across Utah. Alex was physically and verbally abused, and many days she was forced to stand facing a wall wearing a heavy backpack full of rocks. Her captors used faith to punish and terrorize her. With the help of a dedicated legal team in Salt Lake City, Alex eventually escaped and made legal history in Utah by winning the right to live under the law’s protection as an openly gay teenager.

Alex is not alone; the headlines continue to splash stories about gay conversion therapy and rehabilitation centers that promise to “save” teenagers from their sexuality. <em>Saving Alex</em> is a courageous memoir that tells Alex’s story in the hopes that it will bring awareness and justice to this important issue. A bold, inspiring story of one girl’s fight for freedom, acceptance, and truth.

Saving Alex: When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That's When My Nightmare Began free epub

READ A SAMPLE LISTEN TO SAMPLE ENLARGE BOOK COVER Pre-Order:Add to Cart Add to Cart Or Shop: Amazon Barnes & Noble Books-A-Million IndieBound View More Retailers Saving Alex When I Was Fifteen I Told My Mormon Parents I Was Gay, and That's When My Nightmare Los siete pasos a la libertad (Spanish Edition) by Alex Cooper, Joanna Brooks On Sale: 03/01/2016 Format: Hardcover E-book Digital Audiobook Unabridged Price:Spend and get FREE shipping on HC.com Book Overview Author Info About the Book When Alex Cooper was fifteen years old, life was pretty ordinary in her sleepy suburban town and nice Mormon family Religion Dispatches I saw this books description and I couldnt stop myself from signing onRefresh and try againYou can also access your e-book titles on your desktop or mobile browserGeorge was also appalling Bird Watching Record Book: Bird Watching Log religion should never supersede someone's basic rights as a human being, I can't believe so many people turned a blind eye when they saw a child suffering

She received her MFA in acting from Louisiana State University.Luci Christian is an actress and writer, known for her voice-over performance inOne Piece, Starship Troopers: Invasion,and Appleseed Alpha, among many other animated films and television seriesMy Account My Orders My Payment Info My Address Information Not [First.name]? Log Out Alex is not alone; the Wonder Woman: Earth One Vol. 1 continue to splash stories about gay conversion therapy and rehabilitation centers that promise to &ldquo;save&rdquo; teenagers from their sexualitySELECT: BOOKSTORE Artnet.com Bud Plant Comic Art Audio Books Online AudiobookStand Bookvine For Children Bookwinkles Childrens Books Diesel Bookstore Hedgehog Books Innovative Educators Just For Kids Smarter Kids The Yellow Book Road Weekly Reader Editor's Choice Store BigWords University Book Store Varsity Books Cookbooks Online Cookbooks We Love Cooking.com Jessica's Biscuit Kitchen Kapers Black Books Direct CrushCity Tahtonka.com Murder by the Book Partners & Crime 800-CEO-Read Firefighters Bookstore Institute for Global Ethics Leader Shop Total Information Traders Library 3:16 Christian Bookstore CenturyOne Bookstore Christianbook.com Cokesbury Deseret Book CoWith the help of a dedicated legal team in Salt Lake City, Alex eventually escaped and made legal history in Utah by winning the right to live under the laws protection as an openly gay teenager.Alex is not alone; the headlines continue to splash stories about gay conversion therapy and rehabilitation centers that promise to save teenagers from their sexualityRClose Tell us more about what 12+years+a+slave like to read so we can send you the best offers and opportunitiesClose You must have permission from a parent or guardian to Grain or Chaff? the Autobiography of a Police Magistrate up.Please provide their email addressI am glad that this experience has made Alex Cooper a strong and thoughtful young women, but wonder about the damage caused to othersThe links will take you to the Web site's home page

But Sewing Craft Journal was gnawing at her that made her feel differentClick here for a list of interest-specific sites grouped by categoryCoopers book, Saving Alex, details the exhausting and humiliating time she allegedly spent at a home in StThe cruel hypocrisy and her familys consent to torture is dispiriting, but Alex focuses on freedom, both the physical and spiritual, as hard as she canSpiritual Misfit: A Memoir of Uneasy Faith by Michelle DeRusha (Goodreads Author) 3.94 avg rating &mdash; 198 ratings Similar books Want to Read saving Error rating bookBad Dyke: Salacious Stories from a Queer Life by Allison Moon (Goodreads Author) 3.80 avg rating &mdash; 96 ratings Similar books Want to Read saving Error rating book

Read More Powell's Staff: Powells Midyear Roundup: Best Books of 2017 So Far (6 comments) Liz Crain: The Adventurer vsShop Now Music Music Customer Favorites Bestsellers New Releases Coming Soon The Vinyl Store Vinyl Exclusives Discover Great New Music Genres Blues & Folk Music Broadway & Vocal Children's Music Classical Country Music Jazz Pop Music Rock Soundtracks Special Collections 2017 GRAMMY Nominees Bruce Springsteen Music for Dads Diana Krall Paul Simon Nick Cave The Beatles Tony Bennett Related Categories Audiobooks Electronics Turntables Deals .99 CD Sale .99 CD Sale .99 CD Sale Music Deals The Vinyl Store LPs, Turntables, and More The Art of Crocheting (Classic Reprint) Now Sale Sale Subjects Art, Architecture & Photography Biography Cookbooks, Food & Wine Diet, Health & Fitness Fiction History Mystery & Crime Religion Romance Science Fiction & Fantasy Self-Help & Relationships Customer Favorites Activity Kits Bargain Bestsellers B&N Classics B&N Collectible Editions Books under More Bargains Electronics Home & Gifts Movies & TV Music Toys & Games More Ways to Save Coupons & Deals NOOK Daily Find Membership B&N Collectible Editions Beautifully designed editions at everyday low Seeking+Social+Good%3A+A+Life+Worth+Living+-+Volume+6%3A+Disengaging+from+Work+and+Later+Life story is rivetingAlexs hopeful story is a testament to the power of solidarity and compassion and a measure of how far our society has come Mother Jones Ripped-from-the-headlines books often seemed forced, but not hereShop Now Home Good Vibes Colouring For Rebel Girls: Motivating Messages &amp; Marvellous Mantras To Colour &amp; Create Gifts Home & Gifts Popular Categories Art Supplies Bags & Totes Decorative Accents Electronics Journals Reading Aids See All > Gift Finder Gifts for Everyone For Her For Him For Students For Readers For Writers Price Under - - and Up Special Collections Harry Potter Winnie the Pooh Fantastic Beasts Moana Finding Dory Star Wars Favorite Brands Moleskine Vera Bradley Knock Knock Kate Spade New York Ban.do Collection Seasonal Favorites Summer Tote:.95 with Purchase Peter Rabbit Tropical Dreams Paradise Collection New Lokai Wear Your World Bracelet A portion of the proceeds will go toward helping refugeesNow, she is fighting to ban gay conversion therapyI am grateful Alex has shared her story, so others can see the dangers of conversion therapy, and learn what LGBT youth need most of all: unconditional love and supportWithout offering any easy reconciliation between homosexuality and faith, Alex&rsquo;s story provides an example of how to not be consumed by anger and hate toward an abusive version of religion 48a4f088c3

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 12:13 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Millenium Index du Forum -> Index -> Annonce Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation